Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beauty Secrets

Since my last post not too long ago, 'My Favorite Things', I've been getting a lot of further questions about my beauty regimen and what not. The body, mind, and soul should always get plenty of TLC anways! The human body itself is not just a work of art, it's a temple. Mind you, I never spill secrets, but just for Mon Amour I'll make an itty bitty exception. Here we go...

Hair
Anyone who knows me knows that I have natural really thick wavy hair. Believe it or not, thick hair is actually more prone to breakage and dryness just as fine hair is. Thick hair also has more protein, which to some may sound great, but it also means that hair is less flexible.
For that reason I use Pantene Hair Products. They have a great line of hair care products for all types of hair (Fine-med-thick) and styling products too! All of which are great. I condition my hair every other day to help maintain moisture.
Now good healthy hair doesn't just come from what you're putting on it, it also comes from what you're giving it. It's cliche I know, but trust me on this one, when you eat well, you're body will repay you. It may just come from family roots, but I find that eating a lot of Fish really helps. I loooove seafood! I find myself eating it a few times a week. Everything from salmon, tuna, tilapia... All the good stuff. You should know by now fish ranks high on the vitamin and mineral scale.

Face
Now I have sensitive combination skin ~ Oily in some areas and really dry in others. To take care of it I do the standard cleanse and moisturise daily. But to control oil and fight dry skin, I Exfoliate twice a week. When it comes to exfoliating, I prefer not to use any store bought products. Instead, I use home facials. Here are a few of my tricks: they're legit - trust me...
(I recommend doing this before bed time) I dampen my face with some warm-hot water to help rinse off any previous stuff that's on my skin. Then I take a cotton ball and dip it in some fresh lemon juice, I wipe it all over my face just like you would a toner. You can wipe on as little or as much you want. Then I take a little bit of sugar, and gently rub it on all over my lemon face. I like to be generous in the dry areas. After I'll wash it all off wish a teeny bit of cleanser and then moisturize. My skin feels sooo soft after I do this!
If you don't have any lemon on hand, warm green tea works to! And if you don't any lemon, green tea, or sugar, you could also try baking soda mixed w/ a bit of warm water ~ They all work the same.

Body
To keep my body looking it's best, I use Olay Ribbons Body Wash. The best body wash I've ever used. Especially during cold winters, my skin tends to get a bit chapped (I know, weird!) so using that every day helps the moisture.
Another little secret of mine to keep my body in zeal is to drink a lot of tea. I'm a big tea drinker at that. Green tea, ginger tea, herbal teas - I'll have more than one cup a day.

I know this is cliche, but if you really want to look your best, and my babbling doesn't interest you. My suggestion is just EAT RIGHT, LIVE WELL. That's all there is.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment