Monday, May 02, 2011

Music: That which you hear is not what you see

 
*the video above is in full ownership and credit of Tje Austin and Egot Inc. music

After watching his wonderful rendition of Bruno Mars’ “Just the way you are” on NBC’s The Voice, I had to show my respect by making a new post in ode to his wonderful craft and quirky personality. As promised, coming back to the previous entry I had of Tje Austin, I’ve done as much Google-ing to find as much as I could. Turns out he has quite a high following on the internet…

Vocalist and songwriter Tje Austin (pronounced Tye) hails from Austin Texas (Austin and Austin – a cute coincidence haha). In listening to him sing, you’re immediately pulled in by his smooth, warm, organic neo-soul vocals. That which speaks truth and honesty which is such a rarity in today's generation of mainstream music. He caresses the soul and speaks to the heart.
Tje already has a multitude of performances for major names like Trey Songz and Anthony David. And he even sang the national anthem in 2011 for the Texas Rangers. That, which is just a small addition to his already phenomenal internet presence, his Myspace has surpassed over 3 million hits. His Youtube channel displays much of his own work, along with his own renditions of Alicia Keys, Kings of Leon, and Bob Marley.  

Accolades…
1st album in 2008 “Love Me Knots”
2nd album in 2010 “Xperience”
3rd album already released!! “Dreamin’ Big”, includes the single City of Me.
All of these are available on iTunes and Amazon.

“Who I am, moves me to speak about life through my music. What happens to me is happening to someone else, and it is comforting, whether it is good or bad, to know that you are not alone; and this is what my music is about, comfort.” – Tje Austin

M