Saturday, July 21, 2012

Are you DRESSed for the occassion?

Pinterest as we know it is a Virtual Wishboard Pinboard.
 An awesome site that allows members to "pin" things (particularly photos) they've seen around the web onto a personal page for others to view. Like Twitter members can also have followers for friends and members to keep up with their pins. It's got areas in food, photography, design, DIY, e-cards, and my personal chéri if you will. FASHION.

In being forced to spend the next few days at home by doctor's orders from having my wisdom teeth removed, I'm taking this time to rest and heal by giving myself some fashion therapy. Here I put together some of my favourite findings...

Heavenly Nudes
 Nude is the new black. Not as stark as white but not as bright as pink. Subdued. Subtle. Simple. and Delicate... Almost a palette cleanser. The great thing about nudes is they look flattering on every skin tone and different tones and textures making it very easy on the eyes.

Dream Worthy
What can I say? These gowns are exquisite! 


Waist Focus
I absolutely love the cut of each of these dresses. Fun and feminine, especially the one in the center. Once again mixing tones and texture makes each of them stand alone pieces. 
Pair 'em with fancy shoes and a cute clutch... Party anyone?

The Finesse!
How uber cute is this!? Polka dots have been a long favourite of mine and the over-sized ones on this one give a modern take on what's often considered a retro pattern. The belt and purse tie the look so nicely. 
I was never fond of the lace skirt trend until I saw this look on Miranda Kerr. I always thought lace mini-skirts tend to look quite vampy. But this one in particular paired with the button down blouse somehow make the look appropriate for work almost.I think I know what I'll be shopping for next :)