Monday, August 23, 2010

Hope.

Hello,
Sorry I've been a bit MIA this past week. I just haven't really been in the mood for a new post. Just recently, I've been going to through a very rough time and I'm just barely coping. But I decided to give myself a pick-me-up and I found this little story that really gave the boost that I needed...

(from He Invites)

For thirty two years I have struggled with the pain, grief, and destroyed confidence that results from emotional abuse. "You'll never amount anything," was probably the most encouraging phrase my family ever spoke to me. I believed and suffered from it. It affected every area of my life, until I discovered the love and hope that is in Jesus Christ. I learned that I was created in the image of God (Genesis 9:6), forgiven all my sins (Ephesians 1:7), and adopted into the family of God (I John 3:1). The life I now enjoy is valued and eternal (I John 5:11). According to God's word, I am really somebody special. I no longer believe the lies of the enemy (Revelation 12:10).

M

No comments:

Post a Comment